Best reasons to choose dental implants
If you have one or more missing teeth and are considering their replacement, you have probably heard of dental implants. This revolutionary dental restoration is implanted directly into the bone of your jaw to create an incredibly sturdy and permanent foundation for your replacement tooth. American Dental Associates in Gainesville, VA can help you determine if dental implants are the best treatment option for your situation.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Prevents Bone Atrophy: When a tooth is missing, the bone underneath it is no longer stimulated. This causes the bone to break down, or atrophy. This bone loss causes the skin to sink in or sag, resulting in a prematurely aged face. Dental implants, once installed, stimulate the bone once again, preventing bone loss from happening further.
- Safe for Your Natural Teeth: Since the implant is connected directly to the jawbone and not held in place with the support of any other teeth, it has no negative affect on the teeth around it. Bridges require the teeth surrounding your gap to be prepared and shaped for the crowns which hold it in place. This permanently changes the tooth’s appearance, meaning it will always need a crown, connected to a bridge or on its own, to function correctly.
- Easy Care: Caring for your dental implants is just as easy as caring for your natural teeth. Simply brush and floss twice a day as you normally would. Be sure to visit your dentist twice a year to ensure that your teeth are regularly examined and cleaned. This allows your dentist to monitor your implants’ progress and adjust them if necessary.
- Long-Lasting and Durable: Your dental implant will integrate directly into your bone. It does not get more permanent than that. Instead of replacing only the tooth, dental implants replace the tooth’s root as well. Dental implants are made to last a lifetime.
- The Most Natural Appearance: Your implant will blend right in with your natural teeth. The dental crown which attaches to the implant is customized to your mouth. Additionally, the crown is meticulously color-matched to the surrounding teeth. This ensures the most natural appearance possible.
For more information on dental implants in the Gainesville, VA area, please contact your dentist at American Dental Associates. Call (703) 753-6695 to schedule your appointment today!